SETI bioastro: London Times article on "our smallest cousins?"

From: Larry Klaes (lklaes@bbn.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:01:34 PDT

Far from home, have we met our smallest cousin?

          BY NIGEL HAWKES, SCIENCE EDITOR

  AN ENCOUNTER far beyond Mars has given a boost to
  scientists who believe that life on Earth may have begun in
  space.

  A spacecraft has found complex carbon-based molecules
  drifting in the solar system more than 150 million miles
  from Earth. They are far larger than any previously
  discovered.

  The results from the Stardust craft have excited scientists
  such as Sir Fred Hoyle, who has long believed that tiny
  extra-terrestrial life forms "seeded" the planets. Other
  experts say that more research is needed.

http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/2000/05/03/timfgneur02005.html