SETI bioastro: periodic invitation

From: Dr. H. Paul Shuch (n6tx@setileague.org)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:32:28 PDT

SETIzens,

        Thanks for your participation on the BioAstro email discussion list. We
in The SETI League appreciate your interest in the scientific search for
intellegent life in the universe.

        This list is hosted by The SETI League, Inc., and is open to the general
public. Some of you are members of the international, grass-roots,
nonprofit SETI League, and we appreciate your support (although I hasten to
add that membership is NOT a prerequisite to participating in the dialogs
on this forum). Consider this my every-now-and-then invitation to the rest
of you, to take the next step and become a member of The SETI League.

        Our membership currently stands at roughly 1165 people from all walks of
life, residing in 58 countries and all 50 of the US States. Since
membership dues constitute 17% of our budget, we cannot ignore the
importance of your
financial support. But we like to give value for funding received! Here,
in no particular order, is a list of the top ten SETI League membership
benefits:

1) Personal copies of SearchLites, our quarterly newsletter.
2) Discounts on SETI League books, hardware and membership premiums.
3) Coordinated participation in the Project Argus sky survey.
4) Free technical support from our cadre of volunteer Regional Coordinators.
5) Invitation to SETI League regional and annual meetings.
6) Participation in our three *closed* email lists.
7) The opportunity to serve on a Committee, or as a Regional Coordinator.
8) Great fellowship and camaraderie.
9) The opportunity to support our research and development efforts.
10) A share of the credit when The Call comes in.

        I invite you to browse The SETI League's extensive website at
<http://www.setileague.org/>, for over 1800 documents, totaling more than
66 MBytes (!) of technical membership information. If you wish to join us,
you may obtain a membership application from our website or, if you prefer,
simply email your *postal* address to <join@setileague.org> and a brochure
and application form will be mailed to you.

        My thanks to those of you who are supporting our efforts. I hope the rest
of you will consider joining us. And in any case, please keep
participating in this open forum -- we value your ideas.

        Regards, Paul

H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770; fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"